Saturday, January 18, 2014

Stir Crazy...

Well, I thought I was going to love all of the free time that came with maternity leave, but boy was I wrong! I mean I love the free time and not having to stand on my feet for 5 hours at a time, or having to rely on my co-workers all the time to essentially do my job (thanks guys!!!), but I am running out of things to do! I have done just about everything I can think of to prepare for Lilly's arrival. I have prepared our hospital bag, made my birth plan, set up the bassinet, washed the laundry, set up the changing table (and organized the diapers and wipes, etc.). I also, started several crafting projects. I started a rug that is almost finished, I finished the top of my hand sewn quilt, and started the design for the back of it. Pinterest has become an almost unhealthy thing since I want to do EVERYTHING I see on there. I built a little house out of Lego bricks. I also finished Breaking Bad (which is probably the only TV series I have watched where I felt closure at the end). I help Omeed with his YouTube channel. I talk to my fish, Jengo. I go on walks around the block. I am running out of things to do! Haha!

I am hoping that Lilly doesnt wait too much longer to arrive, because I am starting to go a little crazy! I am also ready to go to Disneyland again, but am too scared to go at the moment, because I dont want to go into labor there. No, I don't think it would be as cool as it sounds. Haha! I am, also, ready to be active again and start working out. I feel like a big blob since I sit most of the time. Yeah I go on walks and move around and get some exercise, but other than that I don't have the energy to do much else.

So, to all the moms out there, what did you do in your spare "you time" before baby arrived? I know I should probably cherish this "me time", but it is starting to get to me! Let me know! Now off for some more "me time", haha! Have a beautiful day everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. I tried to get ready for the craziness after baby.. like make sure I stocked up on groceries and diapers and that any errands I could do were done. Getting around with a big belly is hard but a carseat and baby are harder, lol. I went into labor when trying to catch up on cleaning up my craft room. Good luck with these last few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are good on groceries, and all that stuff. We live with his parents, so they help with a lot of that. I have run out of cleaning to do as well. lol I am ready to be busy with baby stuff! Hopefully it will be these last few days!! Her due date is 3 days away. When is your due date?

      Delete